The future scares me as well as excites me. I know that each day that goes by brings me closer to my physical death, which I know could be quick or very long and painful. My health has certainly begun to deteriorate the last few years. I have developed fairly severe tinnutus (constant ringing in my ears). moderate to severe back pain, and plantar fasciitis. For a while I was really starting to get down about all this, but I have noticed in a way it has been a good thing.
I noticed that of late, I am much more of a “YOLO” type of person. I am not as concerned about “my future” as I was when I was younger because I can definitely see that life is finite. I think I have more passion for my hobbies and interests and want to make the most of each day. I want to do as many cool things with my kids as I can, even if I am not feeling well. I want to leave my mark on my students. I want to write about my life and share experiences, connect with others more and not hold anything back.
I also am becoming wiser with age and I think this is an exciting aspect of my future. I spend my work life learning and teaching so my personal growth seems to go up each year. I have a better perspective on things and am generally not as rattled or fearful as I used to be.
I guess if we lived forever, this would not be how we would look at things, so seeing the twilight of life approaching may be a blessing in disguise.
Thanks for reading this far! Leave a comment to deepen the discussion, likes and follows always appreciated!
Writer: What excites you about the future? Do you find that the prospect of the end of life makes each day more meaningful? How do you feel about our children’s future? Does it scare you? Do you feel inspired/optimistic?
Sustainable Development will be absolutely critical to our future on this planet. I have included a list of websites for you to peruse if you are looking for more information on this topic.
Additional Resources: Top 10 websites for a Sustainable Future – Jetpack AI generated
- World Economic Forum: The World Economic Forum provides insights and discussions on sustainable development, climate change, and solutions for a better future.
- Sustainable Development Goals: This website is dedicated to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, providing information on the global agenda for sustainable development and ways to take action.
- GreenBiz: GreenBiz offers news, resources, and events focused on sustainable business practices, innovation, and environmental responsibility.
- Treehugger: Treehugger is a popular blog that covers a wide range of topics related to sustainability, from eco-friendly products and green living to renewable energy and conservation.
- The Guardian – Environment: The Guardian’s Environment section covers news, features, and analysis on environmental issues, climate change, and sustainability.
- Drawdown: Drawdown is a comprehensive resource that outlines the 100 most effective solutions to reverse global warming and create a more sustainable future.
- Resilience.org: Resilience.org aims to provide tools, analysis, and perspectives to build a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient world.
- Sustainable Brands: Sustainable Brands is a global community of innovators and thought leaders focusing on driving sustainability through business strategies and practices.
- RenewEconomy: RenewEconomy covers clean energy news, market trends, and analysis, promoting the transition towards a renewable energy future.
- Grist: Grist is an independent online magazine that publishes environmental news and commentary, with a mission to inform and inspire people to create a sustainable world.
These websites offer a wealth of information and resources to learn about sustainable practices, stay updated on relevant news, and get involved in creating a better future for our planet.