Funny you should ask WordPress! I just tried surfing today for the first time at the ripe old age of 46! I would have to say it is not my favorite form of exercise yet because it really kicked my butt. I am not built like a swimmer, I am built more like a linebacker. In fact, I am pretty sure I am negative buoyant, but I really want to learn to surf so I am going to have to figure it out!
My Top Five Physical Exercises
- Fly-Fishing – A lot of people don’t think fishing is a workout, but fly-fishing can be quite a workout because you are usually getting out into the river or stream, hiking the sides looking for spots. It gives a moderate upper-body workout as well!
2. Bass Fishing – Bass fishing, especially with artificial lures can really wear your shoulders out with the casting alone. Throw in catching some fish, paddling a float tube, and dragging your catch back to the car, and you got yourself a pretty killer workout.
3. Surf Fishing – Surf Fishing can be quite exhausting because again you are getting into the water and trying to hold your ground against the waves, searching the beach for the right wave structures that attract fish. Sometimes I flyfish the surf and that is exceptionally difficult!
4. Bait Fishing on a Lake – This type of fishing is probably not much of a workout unless you bring your significant other along and have to haul 15 accessories from the car to the spot, but you never know!
5. Video Game Fishing – This form of workout can really focus on forearm strength. If you have the casting controller then you can get some real work in for that next bass fishing trip. The nice thing about video game fishing is they are always biting! Bait fishing on a Lake and Video Game fishing can and should be combined with your favorite adult beverage, friends, kids, or just that weird old guy sitting 30 feet away.
Ten Best Normal Physical Exercises
- Squats: Squats are excellent for building leg and core strength. They also engage many other muscle groups.
- Deadlifts: Deadlifts work your entire body, particularly the lower back, glutes, and hamstrings. They are one of the best exercises for building overall strength.
- Push-Ups: A classic bodyweight exercise that targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps, while also engaging the core.
- Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups: These bodyweight exercises are great for developing upper body strength, particularly in the back, biceps, and shoulders.
- Planks: Planks are fantastic for core strength and stability. They engage the abdominal muscles, lower back, and shoulders.
- Lunges: Lunges help improve lower body strength, balance, and flexibility. They work the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes.
- Burpees: A full-body exercise that combines a squat, push-up, and jump. It’s excellent for cardiovascular conditioning and overall fitness.
- Running: Running is a fantastic cardiovascular exercise that improves endurance and burns calories. You can do it outdoors or on a treadmill.
- Swimming: Swimming is a low-impact, full-body workout that enhances cardiovascular fitness, strength, and flexibility.
- Yoga: Yoga combines physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to promote flexibility, balance, and relaxation. It’s beneficial for overall well-being.
OpenAI. (2023). ChatGPT (September 25 Version) [Large language model]. https://chat.openai.com
Thanks for reading Bunchiesblog! Have a great day or evening! What are your favorite physical exercises, serious or otherwise! Likes, comments, and shares are always appreciated! Check out some of my other recent posts!