I feel attacked….procrastination is kind of a way of life for me…Don’t worry though, I also came up with some resources to help if you are anything like me in this regard! I don’t get into the game until the fourth quarter, know what I mean?
I have been putting off playing Tug-of-War with my dog Panda. We had a major game of rope taht I put on Tik-Tok and she won convincingly three out of five games.
I am also putting off mowing my lawn and putting out my Halloween decorations because I feel like it is too soon for Halloween!
“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.”
I am putting off writing my book because, well…I don’t plan to write a book, but it feels like I am avoiding it.
I am putting off cleaning out the garage because I just don’t have the energy these days and well, let’s face it, I like to hold onto things, just in case I find a use for them…
“If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.”–Rita Mae Brown
I am putting off fixing my old vacuum because I can’t seem to remember to do it, or find the motivation to do so….
I am putting off Christmas shopping because it is just too soon….well most of it anyway….
I am putting off confronting some of my deeper-held fears about myself because it is hard and inconvenient…
“A day can really slip by when you’re deliberately avoiding what you’re supposed to do.”—Bill Watterson
I am putting off telling my girlfriend that, “I love her” because she is already asleep….
I am putting off hitting my new golf clubs because I don’t want to be disappointed that my golf swing is not completely fixed now….
I am putting off buying a Clayton Kershaw jersey because…too soon…too soon….
I am putting off finalizing my grades probably because I enjoy those late-game pressure moments. The thrill of getting the grades in at the last possible second always excites me! It is like the last innings of a baseball game!
Wrap Up – Local Man Feels Attacked By Writing Prompt
Thanks for reading Bunchiesblog! I hope you have a great evening, day, or morning depending on when you are reading this! Likes, Follows, and Comments are always appreciated! Check out these books I should probably read about not procrastinating! I will later…..I promise!
- Open spaces
- Panda… the Dog Who Stole My Heart
- The Importance of Quality After-School Programs for Students of All Ages
- Ren and Stimpy a Slept on Classic Cartoon
- Ren and Stimpy on Nickelodeon Still Cracks Me Up
Resources For Beating Procrastination
I can certainly provide you with a list of ten websites that offer resources and tips for overcoming procrastination. These websites offer various strategies and advice to help you stay focused and productive:
- Todoist (todoist.com): Todoist is a popular task management tool that helps you organize your tasks and set deadlines, making it easier to prioritize and stay on track.
- RescueTime (rescuetime.com): RescueTime is a time-tracking app that helps you understand how you spend your time online. It provides insights and allows you to set goals for more productive computer use.
- Focus@Will (focusatwill.com): Focus@Will offers music designed to improve concentration and productivity. It’s a great tool for creating a focused work environment.
- Pomodone (pomodoneapp.com): Pomodone is a time management app that employs the Pomodoro Technique, a method that breaks work into intervals with short breaks in between. It’s effective for preventing procrastination.
- Habitica (habitica.com): Habitica turns your tasks and goals into a role-playing game, which can be a fun way to stay motivated and avoid procrastination.
- Trello (trello.com): Trello is a visual task management tool that can help you organize your projects and keep track of your progress.
- Forest (www.forestapp.cc): Forest is a mobile app that encourages you to stay focused by planting virtual trees. If you leave the app to check your phone, your tree dies. It’s a simple and effective way to reduce distractions.
- Coursera (coursera.org) and edX (edx.org): These online learning platforms offer courses on productivity, time management, and goal setting. Learning new skills can help you become more efficient.
- Lifehacker (lifehacker.com): Lifehacker provides articles, tips, and tricks on various aspects of life, including productivity and time management.
- Zen Habits (zenhabits.net): Zen Habits is a blog by Leo Babauta that focuses on simplicity, mindfulness, and productivity. It offers valuable insights and practical tips for reducing procrastination.
These websites and apps offer a range of tools and techniques to help you combat procrastination and improve your productivity. Try different ones to see which works best for your personal preferences and needs (Chat GPT)